Multi-Session Pottery Classes
Interested in multiple classes? We are currently offering an Unlimited Class Pass. Learn more.
About our classes:
- Supplies and firing included
- Small class sizes (eight student maximum per session)
- Open studio access included during enrollment (M-F noon-5pm)
- Sessions are ongoing. Pick your start date.
Intro to Pottery Wheel - 3 Session Class
Learn the basics of Wheel-throwing, in this 3-session class. All supplies are provided. You will make your own pieces, learn to trim and in the final class, glaze them. This is the perfect place to get started on pick up where you left off on simple ceramic basics.
- Suitable for all skill levels, no prior experience required.
- Great for trying out wheel thrown pottery and becoming familiar with the ceramics process.
Saturdays, 1:00 - 2:30pm
Vase Making: 3 Session Class
Come learn how to throw a vase on the wheel. No experience required. If you are experienced this class can elevate your wheel throwing and vase making skills.
This three session session class will take through learning the form, trimming, as well as using our glazes.
You will leave with your own set of vases.
Saturdays, 3:30 - 5:00
Beginner's Hand Building & Wheel Throwing Combo - 3 Sessions
Discover the fun and beauty of the ceramics process in this three-week introductory course. Students will be introduced to both hand building techniques and throwing on the pottery wheel and given the chance to explore either (or both) techniques as they like. Students will also learn about finishing, firing, and glazing pottery. This is a great starter course for folks who are brand new to working with clay.
Week One: Basic Hand Building
Week Two: Intro to Wheel Throwing
Week Three: Trimming, Finishing, Glazing
Sundays, 6:00 - 7:30pm
Intro to Hand Building & Sculpture - 3 Sessions
Explore the world of hand building and learn how to create both functional and artistic pieces in this continuous course. Learn fundamental techniques such as working with slabs, coils, extrusions, and pinching while discovering the ins and outs of the ceramics process. Students will work with clay hands-on from day-one and see their creations go through the firing process as they learn about glazing, finishing, and surface decoration.
Suitable for all skill levels.
Mondays, 6:00 - 7:30pm
Thursdays, 10:30 - 12:00pm
Beginner's Hand Building Session
Get to know the art of hand building pottery in these easy, introductiory sessions. Students will learn about simple and fundamental techniques such as pinching, sculpting, and working with slabs and coils.
Suitable for all skill levels, no prior experience required.
Beginner's Wheel Throwing Nights
Students will have the opportunity to give wheel throwing a shot. You will make your own piece for your home, which will be available for pick up within one week from your class.
No prior experience with ceramics required. This is a great way to try out wheel throwing and get a taste for what working with ceramics is all about.
- Fri, Aug 18, 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Sat, Aug 19, 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Fri, Aug 25, 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Sat, Aug 26, 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Fri, Sep 1, 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Sat, Sep 2, 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Fri, Sep 8, 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Sat, Sep 9, 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Fri, Sep 15, 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Sat, Sep 16, 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Fri, Sep 22, 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Sat, Sep 23, 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Fri, Sep 29, 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Sat, Sep 30, 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM